Earthquake Coverage & Multiple Perils Policies

Earthquake and Perils Coverage Manufactured Mobile Homes

Multiple Perils

Does your insurance provide coverage in case of fire, flood, tornado or any other multiple perils? Multiple perils are considered to be any losses that are direct, sudden and accidental. At HomeFirst, all of our policies include Multiple Perils coverage because keeping your family and your home investment covered is important.

Earthquake and Perils Coverage Home Protection

What Events Are Considered Multiple Perils?

  • Fire
  • Flood
  • Windstorms/Hail
  • Smoke
  • Hurricane
  • Lightning
  • Theft
  • Explosion
  • Tornado
  • Accidental glass breakage
  • Falling objects, such as tree limbs
  • Vandalism
  • Vehicle damage to the property

How to Report a Multiple Perils Claim

A claim for a multiple peril is reported the same as any other claim. Do you need assistance reporting a claim? Check out our article outlining "How to File A Claim" that helps you to know what documents are needed to file a claim and what you should expect during this process.

Earthquake Coverage

If you experience an earthquake in your area that causes damage to your home, HomeFirst can help! Earthquake coverage is included in all HomeFirst homeowners policies, including states where earthquake coverage is not required. Earthquake coverage may help cover damage from landslides, mudflows and ground shifts and can help cover costs of temporary living arrangements if your home is destroyed.

Earthquake insurance claim

How do an Earthquake Claim and a Hurricane Claim Differ?

The process for reporting a claim on an earthquake or hurricane does not differ from any other claims process. However, the deductible will be different.

The deductible for reported earthquake damage and a hurricane claim is a percentage of the dwelling coverage rather than the standard deductible for all other multiple perils. Dwelling coverage is the coverage for your home's physical structure and is generally separate from personal property coverage and a couple other coverage categories. For example, if your dwelling coverage is $100,000 and your deductible on earthquake and hurricane claims is 2%, you will be responsible for $2,000 worth of the repairs if damages from one of these natural disasters were to affect your home. Most policies have either a 2% or 10% deductible with a $1,000 minimum regardless.

Tips on Earthquake and Multiple Perils Coverage

When the unexpected occurs, don't wonder if you're covered. Know for sure that your investment is safe by choosing a policy with HomeFirst Agency.


Request a Quote