How to File an Insurance Claim

mobile home insurance claim

At HomeFirst, we know having to file a home insurance claim can be a stressful time for you and your family, so we try to make the process as seamless and transparent as possible. Below are the steps to take to file an insurance claim on your mobile, manufactured or modular home.

  1. Call to report the claim or complete the online form.
  2. Once an online form is completed, a claims representative will contact you by the end of the next business day to gather further information about the damage to your home.
  3. The claims representative will assign your case to an adjuster.
  4. The adjuster will determine if pictures should be sent or they will send an appraiser out to assess the damage.

What information is needed to file a mobile home insurance claim over the phone?

mobile home insurance claim

If you choose to call in to report your claim, we recommend having your policy number on hand. If you cannot seem to locate this, we can look this up by the primary insured's first and last name. We will need the date of loss which must have taken place while your home was under our coverage. Also, please be prepared to spend an estimated 8-10 minutes speaking with one of our agents about your claim. This time frame may vary depending on the severity of the home damage and the number of claims being filed.

What information is needed to file a mobile home insurance claim online?

online mobile home insurance claim

Our online insurance claim form makes filing your claim quick and easy. We will ask you for your policy number, name of the insured, home address, contact information, and a brief summary of the loss being filed.

HomeFirst insurance claims

Once this form has been submitted, you will receive a phone call from one of our knowledgeable customer care representatives to further discuss the damage to your home and assign an adjuster to your case.

Downloadable Resources: primarily needed on mobile home insurance claims due to fire or burglary

mobile home insurance claim

  • Lightning Affidavit: In the event that lightning strikes or surges electricity into your appliances or electronics, this form will need to be completed. It must also be notarized by a licensed specialist in the related field.
  • Personal Effects Summary Sheet: This form will need to be completed if personal property is damaged and/or affected by the loss and you are submitting that expense as part of your claim. This form does not have to be notarized.
  • Proof of Loss: This is a sworn statement from the insured on their loss. This form must be notarized.